Today, your users and prospective customers are increasingly seeking content, whether produced by you or generated by third parties to help them make buying decisions.
Google is rewarding publishers of good content by featuring them higher in searches. Good content also gets higher exposure in social media networks as people share and tweet about it. Producing useful content is one of the best marketing strategies you can adopt.
But good content has to be supported by a solid technical infrastructure- a well designed CMS (content management system). A good CMS should
- Have an intuitive graphical user interface and should be easy to understand and use, even to a non technical user.
- Allow custom designing of the frontend so that the website can have an unique look and feel.
- Be highly extensible by allowing plug-ins and modules to build upon or add to core features.
- Not need a programmer to set up and run.
- Be optimized for speed, stability and SEO.
- Have extensive documentation and community support.
- Be secure and compatible with best practices and open standards